Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Press Release Rough Draft

When your working on your press release check out this site www.ehow.com and search writing a press release for an art exhibit. It has some great tips.
mikewindy

11 comments:

  1. I'm loving TIMA. I think I'm going to look up Hume's film, the description of it was just too intriguing.
    -Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you post a blog on this thing... we have to post a blog for homework right? i'm so confused

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY, my book finally came... I hope I'm leaving this in the right spot. I'm diggin on the book though. It has a lot of art that I've never seen before.
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea if I'm posting this blog right... technology and I don't really get along... anyway, I really like "This Is Modern Art" by Mathew Collins, it's a lot more interesting than the art history 3 book. Collins is an entertaining writer who makes me want to know more about contemporary art. I read the introduction and the first chapter and I think my favorite part is when Collins talks about the "myth" and how he goes about talking about Andy Warhol and Jackson Pollock.

    I'm making a box out of wood for the thrift store project and i'm really excited to see it when it's all done with the mirrors and holes and everything!

    -Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. My book finally came too! This made me happy for a minute, and then I tripped over my room mate's clothes and fell on the hardwood floor... Now I want to do a piece of art reflecting that moment, and I have "This Is Modern Art" to thank for that. Huzzah?!

    -Nick

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I sent out the press release to a few places and i heard back from the St. Augustine Art association they said they would send it out so I guess thats pretty cool! Did anyone else hear back from anyone??? oh yeah and the books pretty rad too...
    -Adam

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am digging this book lots, specially Pg. 23. Less talk more rock.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The book is easy reading and much more entertaining than art history books for sure :) I see some artists in the book I am definitely going to look up.
    -Katie M.

    ReplyDelete