Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Our first three or so classes










So on our first class I talked alot and then I talked some more. Nice to meet you. Told everyone to order the book, Studio and Cube by Brian O'doherty. We celebrated MLK day all in our own way. Thanks to Flagler for recognizing Dr. King. The next class I brought wire hangers because Louana and me( at the O.U.R. Center Food Bank and Clothes Closet) and everyone we know doesn't know what to do with them. You guys had fun and made some cool stuff. Then we went to Sertoma Second time around where Goldie gave us the run down about Sertoma, Doc and the store. You guys got right to it like pros organizing the books. Everyone scored mad thrift loot. Mandy played the electric organ. I got it on video but from a weird angle. Tonight we were back in class and you guys got to work on your sculptures for the show. We need to start thinking about titles and start reading the book. Touch Not The Cat is my favorite possible title so far.

4 comments:

  1. Our show is going to be jammin'!!! I am hoping Charlie Brown will be playing this Saturday. I'll let you all know how it goes. Cross your fingers!

    Cheers to Soseesee!!!! (that's my new nick-name for us. Get it? Ok, yeah it's lame. It's our initials SOCC spelled out phonetically! )

    P.S. Does anyone else find it strange that PHONETIC is spelled like that???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy, I agree! I love the whole concept of the Sertoma show, and I never would have thought about doing anything like this. Already, when trying to solve projects for other classes, I've found myself thinking..."Hmm, I bet I could use that (insert random jiggymadoodle here) I saw at Sertoma."

    And I'm moving this weekend, so I'm in need of a few select pieces of furniture. I would have never considered a store like Sertoma before, but I've been inspired to go in there, find some interesting pieces, then deconstruct them, sand them down, re-paint or re-stain them, and really make them something unique and beautiful to use and display in my space. Like, whoa...exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this video, its playing kind a weird...is there another link to it. A thrift store tour across the world would be awesome. Find some stores with instruments in them show up play a set and leave...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thrift store tour, yes! I've got about six weeks open this summer if anyone's in...

    ReplyDelete