Monday, February 1, 2010

2x4 by love?

O.K. starting NOW! comment on the blog weekly. Noone except Joe has commented on the blog yet. He has also suggested the only title for the exhibit. 2x4xlove or 2x4xall. Any suggestions? We need to send this out this week. Also fliers and facebook/myspace activity needs to commence. February 17th(wednesday) Anybody have an idea for a band. We will all pay $5 and hire a band. That's 15x5=$75. I have a few contacts unless anyone else has any suggestions. Remember it's your show. Talk about it, email each other comment on the blog. Make it happen!!!!! Don't forget to invite all of your teachers, family and friends.
I will not be in class on Wednesday. Please use that time wisely. I will see if Laura can have a work study student be in the shop or see if Russell can stay later to let you have access to the shop. Remember Friday's are studio days, use them.
Also, start reading the book and commenting on the blog. I like the Tom Sachs interview alot. I like how he talks about branding and marketing in relationship to the Art Business.
Remember you need to pick ten living sculptors to research and make artist trading cards for. This book should give you some ideas.
Later,
mikewindy

7 comments:

  1. I am going to have to disagree with 2x4 by love. My piece has nothing to do with love, nor do I feel the other pieces in the class have a "love" theme. Now if they were all red pink and fruity then hell yeah, but I feel most of the pieces (that I have seen people working on) are more conceptual and thought provoking. I will try to do my part to think of a name but at the moment I don't know of something that is catchy or show title worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2x4 of POWER! One 2x4 to rule them all! Cut from the great pine forest of Mordor, Georgia, each 2x4 found it's own way to the Nor'eastern reaches of St. Augustine where they nestled among their brethren, waiting. Unsuspecting halfling journeyman apprentices hailing from Flaglershire stumbled upon them in the great racks of Home Depot, and the 2x4's chose their intended victims with meticulous care. Unbeknownst to the 2x4's, the journeyman apprentices were skilled in ancient magic, and they were unwillingly forged into objects of immense power!
    Yup. 2x4's of power; that's my bid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. Maybe 2x4 doesen't have to be in the title?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2x4x The Intense Action of Wheat Trading

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've asked my friends Devin Hughes and Chris Martucci about doing music and Devin Hughes seems to be going for it. Him and a buddy might come with a keyboard (piano) and acoustic guitar, still working out but he understands the requirements.

    - Joe

    ReplyDelete
  6. A few of us will be visiting Hamblins Hardware (True Value) on King St. to enquire about setting up the show in their store. We're meeting at 12:15 on tuesday, probably in the s3, before heading over to talk to the owners without any forewarning or appointment.

    - Joe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alex's comment is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen

    ReplyDelete