Sunday, October 26, 2008

I meant Francis Bacon not Francis Bacon!

Several of you connected Jim White to the the Francis Bacon that wrote The New Atlantis in 1627. I meant Francis Bacon the British painter, though thanks to Wikipedia I now know that he is a collateral descendant of Francis Bacon the Elizabethian philosopher. I also know that either way is fine and Jim White would enjoy being connected to either of these dead men but several of you just lost your place on my all conference listening in class team.
mike

2 comments:

  1. So Mike, I was unable to take off the pumpkin from my concrete creation due to the horrifying smell and leakage coming from said pumpkin. It is currently sitting outside the building underneath the staircase on the side of the building. It is wrapped nicely in a doubled-up trash bag with paper around it in case it continues to leak.

    I was originally going to throw it away, but I was afraid that the concrete would cost the school a humongous trash compactor.

    I would also like to apologize to the class and thank those that laughed with/at me. Hope everyone has a good couple of days.

    -Nick

    PS I don't want to do anything with another pumpkin for at least another 358 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick,
    If it's still there on Monday I'll take it to a car wash a blow all of that funk off of it with a high powered hose.
    Later, mike

    ReplyDelete